- Introduction to solar
- How does solar work?
- How much does solar cost?
- Is solar worth it?
- Are there any solar rebates available?
- The feed-in tariffs have dropped - is solar still worth it?
- Is my home suitable for solar?
- Is it difficult to maintain solar panels?
- How can I find a good solar installer?
- Which solar panels are best in Australia?
- Get a quote for solar power
For most households, solar is worth the upfront cost.
By installing solar you can expect to reduce your electricity bills by 30 to 60%. With these savings, a typical home will recoup the initial investment between 3 to 7 years.
One of the factors which influences how quickly you will recoup the investment is how much of the system’s power you’re able to use throughout the day.
If you’re at home during the day, you’ll be able to recoup the investment faster, closer to the 3 year mark. But if you’re not at home during the day, you can expect the system to pay itself back closer to 7 years.