- What's the most energy-efficient way to cool my home?
- What's the most energy-efficient way to heat my home?
- Why are reverse cycle air conditioners so efficient?
- Should I get a ducted air conditioner or a split system?
- Gas is no longer the best option?
- But aren't air conditioners bad?
- Get a quote for an energy-efficient air conditioner
Reverse cycle air conditioners are so efficient because they use heat pump technology.
This technology allows air conditioners to extract heat found in ambient air and move it either inside your home, to keep it warm in winter, or outside to keep your home cool in summer.
Because moving ambient heat doesn’t require a lot of energy, reverse cycle air conditioners use a lot less energy to heat your home. By comparison, electric or gas heaters use a lot more energy because they need to produce heat directly via an electric element or gas burner, instead of simply moving it from one place to another.