- What's the most energy-efficient way to cool my home?
- What's the most energy-efficient way to heat my home?
- Why are reverse cycle air conditioners so efficient?
- Should I get a ducted air conditioner or a split system?
- Gas is no longer the best option?
- But aren't air conditioners bad?
- Get a quote for an energy-efficient air conditioner
There are several options when it comes to heating your home. You can choose from systems that are designed to heat your entire home, such as hydronic, ducted gas, ducted air conditioner, electric under-floor, to systems that are designed to heat a single room. These include, split system air conditioners, portable electric heaters and gas heaters.
Out of all these options the most energy efficient and cheapest to run are split system air conditioners.
Choice magazine has calculated the running costs for heating a small room for 500 hours and found that portable electric heaters cost $312, gas heaters cost $212, while split system air conditioners came out as the cheapest option at just $113.