- What's the most energy-efficient way to cool my home?
- What's the most energy-efficient way to heat my home?
- Why are reverse cycle air conditioners so efficient?
- Should I get a ducted air conditioner or a split system?
- Gas is no longer the best option?
- But aren't air conditioners bad?
- Get a quote for an energy-efficient air conditioner
Even if you need to cool or heat your entire home, it’s best to install several split system air conditioners rather than a ducted system for the following reasons:
Ducted air conditioners cost more to run than split system air conditioners, even with zoning. They also cost much more to install (approximately $5000 to $15,000).
There’s greater flexibility with having several split system air conditioners as you can set different temperatures in different rooms.
Ducted air conditioners can make your home more draughty, as heat loss or heat gain occurs throughout the year via the ducts. This can make your home more uncomfortable in summer and winter.